Sunday April 23, 2017
Gear Drop Offs
We have added an additional Pre-event Gear Drop Off location/date for this Saturday April 22, 2017 from 11am -1pm at the Reuse Fest organized by the Pennsylvania Resources Council. The event will take place at the UPMC Passavant Hospital Green Lot and will include an array of Earth Day festivities, food trucks, and other reuse organizations accepting donations like Animal Rescue League, Brother’s Brother, Catholic Charities, Construction Junction, Free Ride, Global Links, Goodwill, Off the Floor, Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse and UPMC Medical Equipment Recycling Program. You can check out their website at the link above or on their Facebook event page - here.
If you have a large amount of items (10+) or any oversized items you want to get to us in advance please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us and we will do our best to coordinate a pickup or meeting location.
Can't join us for some reason on Sunday April 23rd but still have gear you want to sell? Or maybe you don't want to get there at 11am and possibly have to wait in line to register your gear to sell? (say what register gear?!, yes read below, you are consigning your gear to be sold.) Then plan to stop by one of these breweries in the weeks before the event where we will be on hand to get you registered, collect and tag your gear to sell at Gear Fest.
Thursday March 30th - Spoonwood Brewing Co. 6-9pm
Sunday April 2nd - Grist House Craft Brewery 2-6pm
Friday April 7th - East End Brewing Co. 4-9pm
Sat./Sun. April 8/9th - Banff Film Festival Byham Theatre 7pm/5pm
When you buy or sell used gear you are helping protect our environment and promote sustainability. With limited natural resources and the vast amounts of energy required to manufacture new products reusing quality outdoor gear and clothing helps to break the rampant waste cycle of buy and replace.
If that isn't reason enough to bring your outdoor gear or come shop Gear Fest it's also Spring! What better time to clean out those closets, garages, and basements. Dust off that well-loved but seldom used outdoor gear and bring it to Gear Fest to make some extra cash. Come and shop that well loved gear, and find new treasures. Maybe your new to backpacking and want to try it out first without dropping the bank on a new tent, backpack, sleeping pad, hiking boots, trekking poles, and camp stove. Or perhaps you are ready to upgrade to a newer lighter weight more technical piece of equipment. Don't let that older but still useful item go to waste. Help it find a second home where it can be a part of someone else's new adventures.
How do I Buy or Sell Gear?
- ALL GEAR, EQUIPMENT, & CLOTHING IS SOLD AS IS.
- Gear sales will take place at the event from 12pm to 5pm.
- Sellers must register to sell their gear either before the event through the online registration form, at our booth at Banff Film Festival, or the day of Gear Fest from 11am to 2pm.
- After a seller is registered at the event they will get price tags for each item they brought to sell and will label it with their requested selling price. They can then drop the item off in the most appropriate section for others to browse and purchase. The seller is then free to hang out and browse the other vendors, used gear, enjoy the live music and craft beer.
- All sales transactions will be handled by 3 Rivers Outdoor Co. who will split the sale of each item with the seller - 20% 3ROC / 80% seller.
- Payouts to seller will be via check or PayPal per the sellers request within 14 days after GearFest. We will attempt to do it as soon as possible. But with a possible large number of transactions we need time to process all the payments. There will be NO cash payouts the day of Gear Fest.
- All unsold gear needs to be removed from the Ace Hotel property between 5-7pm April 23rd. Any gear not removed by that time will become the property of 3 Rivers Outdoor Co. unless special arrangements are requested and agreed upon.
- UPDATE******* We have extended pickup hour options to include Tuesday 4/25 & Thursday 4/27 from 5:30 - 8:30 pm at the Ace Hotel. You must have a copy of your registration form or a drivers license to pickup any gear. Please still try to collect all gear on Sunday April 23rd from 5-7pm if possible.
what Items can I bring to sell?
- Gear Fest is about local outdoor adventure. We are looking for outdoor clothing and equipment that is used for hiking, camping, trail running, climbing, backpacking, canoeing, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding (SUP), mt. biking, road biking, and snowsports.
- Sellers please CLEAN all gear and WASH all clothing you plan to sell prior to the event.
- Some items might include outdoor active wear that is in good condition meaning cleaned and no holes, tears, rips, ect. Items may be patched.
- Clothing and activewear might include jackets, fleece, rain jackets, down jackets, ect that are specific to outdoor activities or outdoor brand apparel from Mt. Hardwear, Marmot, Patagonia, North Face, LaSportiva, Arcteryx, Deuter, Osprey, Wild Things, Cilogear, Granite Gear and more!
- Outdoor equipment includes tents, backpacks, bike racks, kayak equipment, hiking shoes, trail runners, bike shoes, camp stoves, snowshoes, cross-country skis, trekking poles, paddles, kayaks, and much more. Again please ensure items are clean and in working order.
- Climbing shoes, chalk bags, and crash pads are acceptable but no safety related climbing equipment will be accepted.
- If items are as large or larger than a kayak we ask that you contact us prior so we can make sure there will be room for it before you haul it to Gear Fest.
- All Down-hill skis with bindings needed to be serviced and checked over by a professional ski shop for safety.
What Items We can't accept.
- Any safety related items can not be sold at Gear Fest due to liability. This includes;
- Climbing harnesses, rope, ATCs, fall arresters, ascenders, cams, ect.
- Protective helmets
- Non-Outdoor Fashion Clothes (Gap, H&M, Old Navy, ect.)
- Life Jackets / PFDs
1% of all used gear sales will benefit local Pittsburgh non-profit First Waves. First Waves uses standup paddleboarding (SUP), the art of filmmaking, and digital media as a catalyst to inspire conservation of local waterways and mentorship for at-risk youth.
Share photos of gear you intend to sell at Gear Fest by uploading them to Instagram and tagging @3riversoutdoorco and #gearfestpgh, #3rocpgh, or #usedgearnewbeer. You can also email us photos of gear you plan to bring to sell and we will post for you. As photos get tagged we will post them below and to the Facebook event page. Keep checking back to see if that special treasure or awesome deal your hunting for might be soon discovered.